Title: Hate List
Author: Jennifer Brown
Release Date: September 2009
Publisher: Little Brown
Five months ago, Valerie Leftman’s boyfriend, Nick, opened fire on their school cafeteria. Shot trying to stop him, Valerie inadvertently saves the life of a classmate, but is implicated in the shootings because of the list she helped create. A list of people and things they hated. The list her boyfriend used to pick his targets.
Now, after a summer of seclusion, Val is forced to confront her guilt as she returns to school to complete her senior year. Haunted by the memory of the boyfriend she still loves and navigating rocky relationships with her family, former friends and the girl whose life she saved, Val must come to grips with the tragedy that took place and her role in it, in order to make amends and move on with her life.
Reasons I am waiting on this:
1. Jennifer Brown is really nice.
2. It has a pretty and interesting cover.
3. The summary sounds really good and intense.
4. Everyone so far that has read it, has liked it.
5. It is one of the 2009 Debs... who have all been amazing.